YUMMY FOOD | DAILY BLOGGING #DAY21



30/JULY/2018
MONDAY
DAY 21

Have you ever showed tantrums to your mom over some food. Everyone has that one dish or vegetable that we absolutely hate. And there is always a quarrel when that one is made. I am also doing this for the longest time. Sometimes I convince myself to just have it. But obviously not always and I end up skipping my meal. If you have also done that then today I will give you reasons to stop that. Don't worry no emotional drama that see how many people don't even get food and how much privileged you are. No, nothing of that sort.

The story begins from yesterday, when mom asked me;
Hey! would you like to keep a fast on Mondays as the month of sawan has begun?
I was a bit skeptical about this. Not because I find keeping fast difficult, I keep fasts every year twice during the time of navratri. But this time I was doubtful because I knew that for workout, energy would be required. And when you keep these fasts, then you definitely feel a bit weak. Reason being that you do not get the right amount of nutrients that you need. But then I thought let's do it. When mom is doing it then I have to accompany her. In fact, my aunt is also keeping it so all the ladies of the house are on fast.

Indian festivals or small rituals always excites me. As I totally love to dress up in traditional outfits. I am really desi in all these things. And that was the primary reason that I named my blog "ONE DESI GIRL".

So in the morning it was fine. Getting up late really helped but then I quickly took a shower after waking up. And then it stroked me, I cannot have anything except fruit. Frankly that wasn't really bothering me and after doing my small prayer, I had one banana. Then what?

After exactly one hour, my stomach was calling me in pain for some food. In that situation there was only water that I could offer to it and myself. But water really helps! Do you feel a bit full after drinking water. It happens to me all the time and that's why I avoid drinking water during meals. Engaging myself into some work really helped and thus I forgot that I was hungry for 12 hours n
ow.

2:00 P.M.
It was time for me to leave for my classes. I again heard my stomach trying to say something. And to keep it calm for sometime, again had one more banana. And went heard for work. I don't know how this happens but at work place, I am never hungry. That worked and kept me busy for another 2-3 hours.

My house is on the third floor of our building and as soon as I entered,
there was aroma of some yummy food being cooked. No prices for guessing that it was coming from my house only. Usually mom takes a small nap after coming back from school at this time. But today even she was awake because of hunger pangs.

7:00 P.M.
Finally we prepared puri's together and it was time to get over the hunger. Then after doing pooja, we all sat together completed our fast. It's always amazing when everyone sit together to have food. Eating at least one meal of the day together strengthens the bond. As they say, a family that eats together , stays together.

The first bite made me realise that every food item has it's own taste and when you are far from something, then only you realise it's real worth.

DAY 22- ARE BIRTHDAY'S SPECIAL

On that note, I would end this holy day.
Stay happy and stay positive.
MANORI.

Comments

Popular Posts