INDIAN WEDDING DRESSES FOR BRIDE'S SISTERS | CHANDNI CHOWK | PLUS SIZE FASHION




Is your sister getting married? Are you freaking out as what to wear and what not?

If yes, then you are at the right place. 

Recently my cousin sister got married and after being all excited for the wedding. The second thought which crossed my mind was "WHAT TO WEAR".  You just can't wear anything at your sisters wedding,right? 

I am going to share all the outfits I wore. Each one of it is different from one another. My primary plan was to wear different kind of outfits and to experiment with my looks. Thus each of my look is different and thus I have a whole buffet for you guys to choose from. Also never forget that it's you who will ultimately define the clothing you are wearing. So be comfortable and confident in whatever you get into. 

1)   Well if you aren't familiar with Indian weddings, then let me tell you that these aren't a one day affair. We have multiple ceremonies and sometimes the functions can go on for a week as well. Thus we need multiple outfits according to the ceremony as each has it's own significance and meaning. Before starting anything good, we first thank god and take blessings so that everything goes well. So the first function we had was Mata Ki Chowki. For all those, who have no idea what this is, then let me tell you that in it we basically chant god's prayers and even have people dressed up like a god, who do dance performances. In which they showcase that particular gods behavior and nature through dance.



For this one I choose a suit, safe right?
But the thing which made it different from the normal suits was the dhoti salwar. This one is becoming a new trend and I was definitely up to try it out. This is comfortable, airy and looks stunning. What else can one ask for?





Thus if you also want to stand out, then definitely try dhoti salwars (bottoms). Nowadays, we even have stitched dhoti's. You can style them both ways. You can rock a top or tee with it and also a short kurta with it. It serves both ways and looks great. The one problem which I faced with a proper dhoti here is that it was getting open because it is not stitched. The stitched ones doesn't do the justice to the proper dhoti. As you can spot proper layers and how authentic this one looks. The stitched ones give
a modern look and doesn't have that proper look.  


2)   The next ceremony was the "MEHENDI" function. Which is every girls favourite, in which all the women ( And if men wish too) apply henna in their hands. The bride being the main attraction puts mehendi on her feet as well. Although the people ideally go for green color for this one. As it signifies the color of henna. But I don't believe in doing the obvious. So I went for a different combination, I wore a skirt with a long kurta.  


Here I kept the jewelry and the whole look very simple. As because of mehendi, I couldn't do much. So it is important that you keep yourself comfortable. If the look is all hustle-bustle, then you would not be comfortable. Thus, I wore my skirt high and my kurta long, and was comfortable enough to dance and handle henna as well.


I could have tied my hair ideally. But because I only wore a maang tikka, thus tied up hair would have spoiled the whole look. Thus, you need to have a balance in your outfit and the way you style it. When everything is in place then only we get a proper outfit. Style it according to the situation and the way you are comfortable in.

3)   Oh this one is my favourite, as I got to wear something I was dying to wear for a very long time. It was Sagan and cocktail party and I decided to wear a beautiful gown. It gave me all the princess feels. And I was definitely loving it and was really happy the way it turned out. Back story- We got this one stitched and didn't buy it. So my mom basically designed it and it was all her behind this outfit. And this was the one dress of mine which received most of the compliments. And everyone wanted to know as from where I got this dress. 


 I know I know!!

That you are thinking that what is new in a gown worn to a cocktail party. Well this was for me because, I am not a girl with a perfect body. So I need to think twice before wearing anything. I wanted to wear a  gown for a long time. Last time I wore a lehenga and got out of my fear of wearing one. And this year, I concurred one more fear and how. I was confident and felt good and right in all ways. So if you are also a plus size and are confused, then believe me. JUST GIVE IT A SHORT.




Thinking would only waste your time and energy. So go ahead and wear whatever you want. Just wear it and style it right. And everything will fall in place itself.

If you are on a budget. Then what you can do is that get a nice cloth from a local store or market. A nice looking one and then can get it stitched. That would cost you less than the amount shopkeepers ask for.

ALL THESE ARE MY HANDSOME BROTHERS!

4) For the wedding, I wore a simple and elegant pista green colored lehenga. I wanted to experiment with my makeup and hairstyle this day. So I kept my outfit very simple. I got this gorgeous lehenga from the famous CHANDNI CHOWK MARKET. This market is the ultimate hub for everything related to wedding shopping. So if you also have a wedding in the family then this one is your ultimate stop. 

Here are the pictures from the day and if you like my makeup and hair. Then all the credit goes to me and mom because I did the makeup and she handled the hair. I think it all turned out really well and I was really happy with all my looks.






This is what I wore for my sisters wedding and I hope that it would be helpful for you. I hope you can pick out ideas and if you are insecure or scared of trying out something then do it. Don't think much and just go for it. Remember it's just you who matters and everything else is just secondary.

CHEERS AND I WILL SEE YOU IN THE NEXT BLOG.
TILL THEN,
STAY HAPPY AND POSITIVE
YOURS LOVINGLY,
MANORI.

Comments

Popular Posts