Dear World,

I am 20 years old confident fat girl.Today I am writing this letter on the behalf of all those who are dealing with the same problem,I did.I clearly remember that it was summer holidays time when it all started. I was 11 years old when my body was undergoing many changes. My eating habits and everything about me was changing. I took it casually as everyone said that it is normal at this age and it happens while growing up. However, my affinity towards food was growing immensely at that time. Moreover, that was changing my physical appearance. From a skinny girl to a healthy girl was quite a change for me (I WASN'T REALLY THAT FAT AT THAT POINT OF TIME).

I was always very confident about myself and never really bothered what others thought. I took part in all those physical activities, whereas I noticed some of my friends shying away because of their weight. Back then, I never thought that I would be standing at the same place they are. That one day, this confident girl will also be ashamed of doing something because of her weight.

If you are fat, then you must be familiar to those talks where people use your name to scare other. "Hey I will make YOU beaten up by MANORI get scared.......lol ". This is hilarious to me, as I am a kind of person who does not like even touching others for a matter of fact. Then using that person's name for beating someone is just really very stupid. These little things were making me someone who I never was. My confidence was all gone, I was scared to do anything, I was scared to hear something which will make me cry and sad about myself. 

My all hopes were from my college life, I thought here people would be much more mature and would appreciate me. Instead of making, me ashamed about myself they will help me getting my confidence back. Later I realized that no one in this world could help us except us helping ourselves. Things got even worse for me in the beginning, there were some appreciating me but the negativity was striking harder. I remember my friends not taking part with me in physical activities; they thought they would lose it with me. Little they did know that they did it to someone who has always been quite good in those physical activities even with those extra kilos. 

It was in the beginning of my second year in college when I got more into writing and reading. They made me realize that the real me has got lost back. I had stopped wearing those cut sleeves clothes to hide my stretch marks. I had stopped participating in extracurricular activities whereas in school I was the DY.CULTURAL HEAD. I have changed a lot I have lost myself. That time, I promised myself of walking the paths I want too. We all suffer from something or the other in life, then why to make someone's hard times harder for him or her. We can do better things than this in life. 

I got myself back! However, there is still somewhere someone who is suffering from the same problem. Who are living there lives unknowingly according to you, according to the world. They have stopped dressing up the way they want, they have left some of their loved things because of you. Stop this man, I know some of us do this unintentionally but start thinking before speaking. Remember that old school story that teaches us that once when we say something we cannot take it back. The pains our words can cause are deeper than wounds.


If someone reading this is like me, then friend this part is especially for you. Buddy! Start doing in life what you want, does not be bothered about anyone else except you yourself. Moreover, if you are not comfortable in your skin, then shed those kilos. Just ask yourself what do you really want, start loving yourself first then only you can love someone else. #STARTFROMYOU!

YOURS LOVING,
A FAT GIRL.

(MANORI RASHMI SAHNI)

Comments

Post a Comment