AN AUTO DRIVER | DAILY BLOGGING #DAY18



27/JULY/2018
FRIDAY
DAY 18

Travelling through an auto during monsoons fills me with joy. I don't enjoy riding through my scooty or two wheeler, but this. May be because here I can sit back and enjoy the beautiful scene. Trees turning lush green and looking all fresh is what makes monsoon's my favourite time of the year. Fortunately, today my brother took the scooty and I was left with no choice.

I can't drive a car and cab for that much distance is a waste, so AUTO.
It was drizzling outside and thus I took my umbrella and went ahead in search of an auto. I was hoping that today I will get one easily. As sometimes when you really need an auto then only, all of them goes missing.

From far I spotted two of the auto drivers standing beside their auto's and chatting.

RAMA VIHAR!
Yes! But I will charge you more than the actual amount. Obviously he didn't said that directly, but he basically asked me to pay more. I tried to convince him to not charge much. But then the old uncle started saying that how much even a rupee is important to him. And probably he will not be getting a passenger on his way back. And after this, I had to surrender because he was a very old uncle. And the way he was saying all those things made me let go.

So I hopped on to the auto and I started moving closer to an amazing chat. I didn't know that this small auto ride will make me laugh. And moreover, would teach me to be more positive and to believe that hard work does pay off.

I have mentioned earlier also that how being an introvert, talking to people is not my thing. But today it was different. Without much effort, I just started talking to the uncle. At first sight only I could make out that it was a new one. I instantly asked him that whether he has bought it or is riding it for someone else. It's mine!

His voice was full of happiness and the way he said that made it sure that he was very proud of it.
I don't give my auto to anybody!
He instantly said. The other one would not ride it as it's own, I said.
Of course, and also the fact that it took me ten years to buy my own one stops me. Ten years is a decade and it took him that long to buy something he can call his own. I have drove around rickshaw's for other people and always wished to buy my own.

Honestly, he seemed to be a very hard working man. He was well dressed and was confident and proud of what he was. I just couldn't stop myself from asking questions which were going through my mind.

You are an old man. Don't you think of sitting back home and relaxing?

Never!

That was a shock because everyone wants a life full of leisure and comfort. Who would want to be out in rains looking for work which is so uncertain. You never know, how much you will earn or whether you will even earn something or not.

I was thinking all this when he added;
I work everyday for 14-16 hours. I am doing this for last 10 years. Earlier it was for others but now I do it for myself in my own vehicle. Sitting back home will never earn you something. You need to be out to give your best everyday. Hard work never goes vain. His statements were making a mark on me and were inspiring.

Seeing a side bag on my shoulder, he asked. What do you do?

I am in my last year of engineering and right now I am going to the tuition center, where I teach. So you are also doing hard work like me.

HAHA..............I laughed.

I don't know that whether I am working even half of what this man does everyday. But just a positive thought, that his words transformed made me feel proud of myself. I was impressed by the kind of positive vibes that this man carried around him. He had a gentle smile on his face and confidence in his words.

I never think about getting picture with celebrities and all. But I really wanted one with him with his electrifying smile. May be that would have been too much, I thought. But I am definitely clicking one with him when I meet him next. I could never imagine myself talking to a stranger with this much comfort. May be his vibes were enough to tell that he is a pure soul.

Hard literally pays off, his did. And I hope and may be now I am sure that it will one day.
When people say that, it's a hard nut to crack
Then my uncle's reply is

"HARD WORK CAN MAKE ANY NUT CRACK"

I believed in this one and found a proof in him. Looking forward to meeting more such pure souls in future. And you guys, don't forget to work hard and fight for what you aim.

DAY 19- HOW TO ENJOY YOUR OWN COMPANY

SEE YOU TOMORROW.
MANORI.

Comments

Popular Posts