MY FIRST TIME IN AMRITSAR | THINGS TO DO IN AMRITSAR



Being a Punjabi, I admit to be ashamed that in my 21 years of life this is the first time that I stepped on this land. Visiting golden temple was always on my bucket list and I am happy that I finally visited it. Seeking blessings after my 21st birthday was fairly the best encounter that I could have had with this beautiful place. Obviously the beautiful golden temple is what is the highlight but the food out here is also what I was looking forward too.

But hey! As my journeys are incomplete without twists. So just guess how Amritsar welcomed us?

Well a riot was going on a court case with some communities involved. So, market places and most of Punjab was closed. Definitely not a pleasant welcome but let's not complain and see what I explored.



I know that food shouldn't be in the picture so soon. But we were really hungry as we traveled without food for 5-6 hours. So as we reached, we checked into a compact hotel and then we ordered food. The famous Kulchas of Punjab, I was literally watering to have this. Thankfully, it did not disappoint my taste buds and were super yummy.

After this we quickly got ready and made our way towards Golden Temple. 

There wasn't much vehicles out there. But luckily we had number of the auto driver who drove us to this hotel and then he took us forward as well. On our way, I saw a lot bikers moving around and asking people to shut their shops. The environment around the gurudwara was untouched by all this but the shops were shut there as well. 

The view or the environment there was definitely beautiful. The Jallianwala Bagh welcomes you in the entrance.


And then as soon as you enter you can see the gorgeous Golden Temple. I have always admired it and saw it in pictures. But no picture can pay justice to the beauty I saw in front of me. It looks mesmerizing, I felt lucky and happy to finally make it here.

Darshan went quite smooth and then we headed to have langar.

How all the gurudwaras are so systematic amuses me. This was same, they serve 50,000 people daily with langar. And that too with utmost ease because of the management out there. Firstly, before starting eating you are made to do a little prayer. After eating you walk down with your utensils and there they collect utensils for washing.

On our way out towards, I came across this small vendor who was selling something which looked like this. 




I still do not know what this is called. I saw it on my mountain trip as well. If any of you knows what it is called then do comment down below.

Then back to hotel and it was time for us to pack our bags and go back. Nut without a twist, nah how can it even happen. So our train timing was not confirm because of the riot. Then we knew that our train is leaving in 20 minutes and we were still in our hotel.

We literally ran not towards the station but to get a auto. We called the same auto uncle and left for station hoping to catch our train. 

That train moving is ours, shit we ran like CHEETAH literally. My sister was the fastest and she went onto the train and pulled the chain. We finally made it, thanks to my sister otherwise I do not know for how long we would have been stuck there. Police came in for the regular inquiry to know why we pulled the chain and all.

Finally this adventurous trip was over, but everything was fun. Things which stress us at some time becomes memories for ever. This one was same and I am really looking forward to visit Amritsar again but definitely in a calmer way.

That is it for this blog.
See you in the next one, till then make memories!

Comments

Popular Posts