UP IN THE MOUNTAINS #DAY3





Is that snow? I shouted.

Oh, yes!   My sister sitting beside me said.


I am assuming; Actually I am pretty sure that this is how my face was at that time.

So you guys would not be knowing, but this is my first encounter with snow. I mean it was still not a close one but I was excited. It was a mountain covered with snow, which I saw through my window. That is how our journey towards Chamunda Ji actually began for me. My mom told me that these mountains are visible from the main temple place as well. All this sounded exciting and I could not wait to reach there.

I really wish to be in the snow one day. Then it would be amazing to share my first encounter with snow with you all. I wish that happens soon.
So through a lot of sharp turns and snowy mountains outside, we finally reached our destination. Our hotel was also at the corner of a sharp turn.Thus, we had to be very careful while crossing the road. Oh I forgot to tell you that Chamunda Ji is one of the important temples of Devi in Hinduism. It is located in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, which is around Palampur.



The group was suppose to visit the temple next day. But my family knew that we all are hell tired and we need some good sleep. So we decided to visit the temple at that time only. We started walking towards the main temple after arranging our luggage. We went through a huge bridge which shakes every time a huge vehicle passes through it.It was a bit scary;




That is how the bridge looked in the day light. And in there are my mom and brother, who were posing out there. What do you have to say about this view? I think it is super sexy and the pictures are definitely less beautiful than the actual view.

Then we were near the entrance and one more surprise came in. The entrance was filled with ice cold water that was obviously the snow melting from the mountains. It was amazing to walk through that water to reach the queue. There wasn't a long queue because of the night time, so we easily made our way to the main place. We met a lot of our group members in there, I think they were also on the same page. After darshan, we were looking around the temple as it is a huge one. We also got to hear some scary stories which are related to this temple (Curious ones can google them). This temple has a kund (water body you can see in the above picture), devotees do take a dip in it as it is considered holy. After all this and a glass of lemonade we went back to our hotel and dozed off.

Next day, it was time to actually see this beautiful place and get some cool pictures.

DISCLAIMER: I MAY SOUND A BIT SHAMELESS BUT I WAS MORE INTO PICTURES AT THIS PLACE. I HAVE A LOT OF GOOD PICTURES FROM THIS PLACE. I CANNOT DECIDE ON MY FAVORITES. A LOT OF PICTURES ON YOUR WAY.






One with the mountains was a must.


What is that child trying to do out there. Looks like the famous step of Anil Kapoor.





When you are confused that whether you should do that small trek to the kund or not. Our elderly women decided not to join us to the kund.

Okay! I am done.

Then we had to leave this beautiful place to reach our next destination,i.e. Jwala Ji. We reached there by 2 in the afternoon and there wasn't much in the view now. That is because my sister did not let me sit on the window seat. I hate you, if you are reading. This place was probably second most crowded after Chintpurni Ji. It took almost 1 or 2 hours for us to reach the god through this crazy queue. But the darshan was so good that I forgot everything. I mean it felt as if everybody just stopped for me to seek blessings properly. I was literally standing there for 2-3 minutes which is not possible considering the amount of people who were there. And also because the security wants everyone to make it quick. That was one magical moment and I am not even exaggerating.





OH! I also met that Punjabi aunt here as well. We didn't talk much here because we were standing at some distance. But it was a nice feeling to meet someone who was unknown a day and became known the other day.

Life is full of surprises, you do not know what is going to happen the other moment. I think that is how we should live. It sounds childish and immature, but that is what we all dream off somewhere deep inside ourselves. Well on that note I will sign off here and will see you in the next blog.

See you soon!!

Comments

Popular Posts