UP IN THE MOUNTAINS #DAY2


"Everyone need to be out there at 5'o clock sharp", this was the dessert served after the dinner. If we need to report at 5,then I need to be up by 4. SHIT! I genuinely felt that. We need to be up on time because we only have one bathroom and eleven users. This is a really tough situation to handle because hello, we have important things to do in the morning.

Moreover I am not a morning person and on the top of that we are going to sleep at around twelve. Which means that we only have four hours to sleep my mind calculated. I am clueless as how this is going to happen. But then I decided to leave all these thoughts and sleep because THAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

I closed my eyes with a smile and turned two-three times to find a nice posture to sleep in and done. Now it is only me and my sweet dreams, I thought! But hey, think about that and think about that shit and not to forget the other shit. My mind was definitely not ready to shut up and even the AC and cozy environment did not help. But I was not ready to accept my defeat and then finally I was almost there. I was at peace and sleep, good morning a voice said. It was mom, how could I waste my four hour sleep in these random thoughts. Forgetting that I took out my clothes and went towards the bathroom. Occupied! It had to be like that with eleven people. I joined the queue and then at my turn I quickly took a shower,combed my hair and ready.




This is the lighting that we got at five in the morning in rupnagar.
Journeys become more beautiful when destinations are not known. I only knew the names of the places we will be visiting and internet showed the beautiful places they are located in. All of these places are holy and have some strong stories related to them. I enjoy going to new places because then you have nothing to expect and that excites me.

Do you remember the time when our mothers use to fool us with the time? When she intentionally says the wrong time to wake you up for school, that is what happened with us. The bus started after an hour of waiting, random thought and some beautiful shots.




The journey began and we were moving towards Himachal Pradesh via Anandpur sahib. Our first destination is Naina Devi Ji. It is located at a hilltop in the district Bilaspur of state Himachal Pradesh.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Entering in HP brought so many beautiful sights and then after sometime we reached our destination. The temple was far from the place our bus stopped because from there only mini buses and tempo's went ahead. The way was full of sharp cuts and me not getting a seat in that situation made my heart slip a bit. But finally we reached the temple and collected our entry passes. Which I think were absolutely useless because they checked those at only one other place. And in return gave us another paper pass which went in vain after that.

While walking towards the main temple, the view was distracting me constantly. I haven't seen a sky much clearer then this. The pictures does not do justice to what my eyes I saw there.







Finally reached the main temple and got a good sight of goddess even with twenty people around me. After that we quickly made our way to go out because we were again asked to do everything as quick as possible and then report near the bus. But as we were coming out of the temple my aunt skipped two stairs and fell. Thankfully she was fine and nothing major happened. 

First place check, and then we were served with breakfast with a view. This is probably one of my best breakfasts till now. Then after going through beautiful mountains we reached our next stop where we had some time to ourselves.




Ohh! How can I forget that it is almost one in the afternoon and I haven't pooped. Thank god that the nature's call came at the right time and not in the middle of the mountains. Otherwise it would have been quite embarrassing to stop bus for an adult to poop. Also keeping the fact in mind that I am no man who can stand at any corner and put his pants down. Why do I need to think about issues in the washroom only. Does this happens to you as well?

After getting all fresh literally, we took some rest and had a bit of lunch (At least I had a bit) and then off to the final destination for today. We did see some other small temples in the way as well and the beautiful scenes outside my window. 

Don't you think that every bus should have a washroom, that would be so convenient. I was literally imagining a plan to offer where every bus in India or abroad should have a loo. The mountains, my washroom plan and some music is what did not made me realize that we reached our destination. We are going to stay today at Chintpurni Ji, which is located in Una district HP. 

A huge queue is what we sighted at first when we reached the temple. Then someone from our group said that there is a man who can make us skip this line. Everyone agreed and went out of the line and then we saw how he was making that happen. In that time only a police man caught him and asked everyone to go back. Time waste is all we did there and then we again went in the queue. 


I personally do not mind long queues much, because I feel it gives you an opportunity to talk to unknown people. Here I met a cute lady from Ludhiana, who was there with her whole family. She was a pure Punjabi women and spoke well in Punjabi. Until we reached the main temple we discussed how there is no system here. People are breaking the queue and getting in. This took place for almost one and a half hour until we reached. The beauty of being at a temple is that when you reach in front of god then you forget everything. You forget how long it took and how tiring it was to fight with people to be in queue. It was a way too long queue to get through.


All is well that ends well!
Now it was time to get back to the place our bus was parked and then we will head towards the place we will stay in. On our way back I spotted one man fighting with cop. Basically, he was complaining how these cops take some money from people and allow them to take short cuts. The way that man was raising his voice for something being wrong was commendable. 

Having said that we also had an encounter with some really good police officers. They were talking about how they are not provided with the amount of force needed. People gather there everyday in huge numbers and obviously a bunch of officers cannot handle them. Which made me realize that both sides of the coin are different. On one side we had an officer doing wrong but in the other side we had an officer who want the system to get better.

He said some amazing things, one of it being that how selfishly everyone behaves. They think about their comfort and everything about them. What if our soldiers at borders start doing the same?
What if they start thinking about themselves only? Forget thinking about themselves, they leave their families behind for us and what are we doing?

Think about it.
I will see you in the next post and till then try being selfless. It is definitely more fun and satisfying, being selfless is what I took from this day.

See you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts