EXPECTATIONS. RIGHT OR WRONG?



It was my eighteenth birthday and like any other girl, it was my special day. As hyped by the world I was thinking of something grand. Moreover, it was nothing less than a festival to me (I laugh at it now). My morning that day would seem different and my family would decorate my room and fill me with gifts. And then it was time for all these things to come alive and make this special day even more special.
 
I opened my eyes, smiled and whoosh nothing was there in reality. May be I was making it a big deal; I thought to myself. I should have stopped there but expectations do not let you do that. So did I and thought may be something else is waiting for me ahead in the day. I thought my best friend and family would definitely do something different and special for me. My friend wished me with a text and all the hopes were from the family now.





12'o clock, the date changed and my birthday ended. We had a nice dinner and cake cutting on my birthday. My mother cooked really amazing food for me and gave me a nice top as a gift.

"BUT MY EXPECTATIONS 

MADE ME IGNORE

THESE SMALL GESTURES"

 

I thought that my birthday did not go the way I expected it to be. It was a birthday with nothing special in it.
However I was wrong, I got so lost in my big hopes that I ignored the small gestures and the time I spend with my family. But who was responsible for the disappointment? It was me, I was responsible for it. And it was my expectations which led me towards disappointment. This is what I realized and that is what we all need to learn. In our expectations, we ourselves let go off those special moments of our lives. Somehow, we expect people to behave like us and do things that we want them to do. So when we are expecting someone to go against his nature, then how can we blame the other person.






Now, if I want something for myself then I do not wait for somebody to understand it and do it for me. Moreover, why do we need someone else to do that for us. People who love us anyways do surprise us and do things that we want for us.

Only 20-21 days are left for me to turn 21 and I am doing everything I use to expect. I was someone who did not believe in expressing and wanted everyone to still understand everything. That was really foolish of me.

So now I do not expect things to happen instead I turn them into reality myself. And the bonus which I got of all this is that now instead of  disappointments I get surprises. And they are way more beautiful, they make us notice even the tiniest thing. It makes you value thing and people in your life.

"STOP EXPECTING 

AND LET

SURPRISES MAKE THEIR WAY"

Comments

Popular Posts