THE SLUM STORY




Home is one place where everyone's heart lies. We all have different expectations and desires for our dream home. The bigger the better, a good locality, people living around should match our standards. All these questions are always somewhere there when we look for a house.
I use to live in a 2BHK and called it as a matchbox because it was literally of that size. After living in that matchbox for almost 15-16 years. We finally bought our new and a much more bigger house. And at that age I just wanted a separate room that too just for the sake of it. Ultimately I had to sleep with my mom but you know it is cool to have a room to yourself. Everything was absolutely perfect for me because I got my room. But the only thing which I did not like about this place was the locality. Here we have slums behind our house and frankly I did not liked the idea of having slums anywhere around my house.
But it changed soon as this place changed my understanding and thoughts about people living in slums and the idea of slums.
Earlier I was also one of those kinds who think that these people just yell around and they are just sad all the time. Here two different kinds of lives were in front of me. On one side we have a proper space for children and also a private park in the society. And on the other side children only have roads to play on. They must be complaining or feeling bad about all this. But what if I tell you that nothing of that sort happens in slums. What if I tell you that they are not complaining about anything. What if I tell you that they are literally enjoying and living their lived to the fullest. Well, it was definitely a different picture for me altogether.
They have a mosque and a temple at the same place here. Everyday we wake up with the sound coming of the prayers. It takes place three times a day and at exact time everyday in mosque. And at the same time you can also hear sounds coming from the temple. I thought that at least once in a while they would fight about these things. But what happens is exactly opposite, you can find them celebrating every festival irrespective to which religion it belongs. These guys are definitely not divided by any sort of religious beliefs and live together happily. They are united by one religion that is humanity. That does not mean that they does not fight they definitely do but they do not kill anyone.
Their walls may not be strong enough but their will is inspirational. People who think that having a house near slum area is a thing of shame. They should actually see the way these people live their lives.
Do you have a slum near your house? What have you noticed. Do not forget to share it in the comment section below. 

Comments

Popular Posts