Christmas is for Christians??



I am glad that this was never a question from my family's side. Shockingly, some young people raised this question. What do you think, is it important?
Well to me....no, I am a kind of person who just want to have a great day everyday. I have kept fast in Ramzan and recently celebrated Ganesh chaturthi and what not. All the festivals I come across, which seems beautiful to me I just adds them into my life. I said some beautiful festivals because some of them have been dealt so badly that the beauty of it faded. Well leaving that behind, what do you think is it important to belong to that religion to celebrate a beautiful occasion?

I am fortunate enough to be born in a country India where there is such diversity. I can name number of places here where all the religious come together. There are several places where you will find a temple,a mosque, a gurudwara and a church together in a same line. Or built so close to each other. We have our respective holy books and one lesson that is common in all is to follow the religion of humanity. Before being a Hindu or Muslim or Christian or Sikh or any other community, firstly it is important to be a good human first. I have studied in a Sikh school, where we were taught a lot about sikhism and all the history related to it. But at the same time each and festival was celebrated with utmost excitement. I remember when our school first celebrated a festival of Muslims because there was one worker in our school who was Muslim. And the whole school celebrated that festival with him.

I know that things are becoming better with our sportspersons or because of them. And the steps that each country is taking towards each other. I believe that no community is bad , it's just that we always have some elements in our society. The whole community sometimes needs to face criticism because of these elements. There is this very nice qoute which says that "Darkness cannot drive out darkness,only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate,only love can do that"- Martin Luther King Jr.
I think we all should believe in humanity and should enjoy each day as a blessing from God.
Wishing you all and your families a Merry Christmas 🎊🎄 

Comments

Popular Posts